The Columbia Museum (In Memory of the STS-107 Crew and Shuttle) in Hemphill Texas will hold a 3 day observance of Columbia STS 107. There will be an art show, student robotics competition along with various NASA speakers at the church memorial service and museum.
STS-107 STILL OUR MISSION: 20 YEARS LATER
20TH ANNIVERSARY MEMORIAL
January 30-February 1, 2023
All 3 days
NASA JSC Trailer and Exhibits
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Parking lot, Patricia Huffman Smith NASA Museum (Columbia Museum)
375 Sabine Street
January 30: Day 1, Art Show
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), 3049 TX FM Rd 184
Art provided by the Museum, NASA JSC, and other donors
January 31: Day 2, Robotics Competition
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
First Baptist Church Annex, 301 Main Street
NAL, NASA JSC, and Boeing Volunteer Mentors and Judges
February 1: Day 3, Remembering Columbia
First Baptist Church, 301 Main Street
10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Patricia Huffman Smith NASA Museum (Columbia Museum), 375 Sabine Street, No Charge
Presentations: The Evolving Exploration of Space, Human Space Flight, and the Ongoing Need to Build a Workforce that Can Contribute to the Space Program
- Presentation of Winners of Robotics Competition
- Presentation: JSC Director Vanessa E. Wyche, Current status of NASA and JSC
- Introduction by Natalie Saiz
- Panel Discussion 1: Why is Space Dangerous, Yet So Safe?
- NAL Members: Mike Leinbach (KSC), Bill McArthur, Dorothy Rasco, Brewster Shaw
- Panel Discussion 2: Making Space for Women, the book by Jennifer Ross-Nazzal
- NAL Members: Michele Brekke, Estella Gillette, Natalie Saiz
- Panel Discussion 3: Making STEM for Everyone
- NAL Members: Herb Baker, Carolynn Conley, Frank Hughes, Dorothy Rasco, John Saiz
Autograph and book-signing session
Thank your for your participation, NAL members, NASA-JSC, and The Boeing Company!