The NASA Alumni League (NAL) was founded in 1986 after the Space Shuttle Challenger accident, and is headquartered in Washington, DC.
The NASA Alumni League (NAL) is dedicated as an advisory group to maintain the quality that has made NASA such a great organization since it was created in 1958.
To provide a vision of what NASA is and what the NAL hopes to provide to NASA and to its members.
- Communicate with the NASA community
- Aid the NASA community with its comprehension of engineering and science
- Encourage members to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
- Provide technical and advisory services to JSC as requested
- Provide regular opportunities for social and educational opportunities and interactions among members
- Provide educational outreach programs to inspire students to pursue science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) careers
- Provide financial support to Space Center Houston and the Challenger Center to allow under privileged elementary school children to participate
Current Officers, Directors and Committe Chairs
President - Wayne Hale
Vice-President - Denny Holt
Treasurer - Susan Braymer
Secretary - Cynthia Draughon
Membership - Estella Gillette
Programs - Phil Engelauf
Education - Frank Hughes
Communications - Dan Sedej
Investment - Gordon Ducote
History - Aneta Davis
Mentoring - Jon Hall